With my careful assessment method and blend of myofascial release, deep tissue, sports massage, and so many others; I know you’ll see real results from my work.
Don’t just relieve your pain—TAKE CONTROL of your pain while also ENHANCING your strength, stability, and movement quality!
It’s time to finally break out of the “good enough” mindset and find real pain relief!
Each session involves clinical reasoning to hone in on the “what” and “why” of your soft tissue pain/injury and then application of the appropriate techniques to reduce your pain and allow you to move with ease.
First, I do an assessment (initial session includes an in-depth assessment, follow-up sessions generally include an abbreviated assessment), that can include the following:
A postural analysis to see if postural misalignment is feeding into your tension and pain;
- Testing to see if I treat the muscle strain or other tissue sprain;
- Perform functional muscle testing to see if tight or hyperactive muscles are compensating for other weak or injured muscles.
Next, I apply the best massage techniques to help reduce the restriction and pain for easier and painless movement;
Then, when appropriate, I send you home with self care movement and stretching techniques to ensure your treatment outcomes are long lasting.
Initial Session- Consultation & Hands on Time – about 1.5 hours – $128.00
Consultation only – $65.00
Hands on Session – 1 hour – $85.00
Additional time – per each 15 minutes- $20.00
Neural Reset Therapy
This is a process of sending various stimuli to the central nervous system to release muscle tension and pain within seconds. NRT is a totally new approach to get the brain to send the proper message to the muscles to tell it to not be tight. NRT quickly releases muscle tension and pain within seconds without the muscle manipulation. Great for those who do not want a massage and who want to remain clothed. Click here for a short demonstration by the creator of Neural Reset Therapy.
- You’ll be clothed on the massage table, and no lubricants are used.
- NRT is a hands on process, but it is not massage because there is no manual manipulation of the muscles. But it is an effective method to reduce muscular pain and tension.
- I apply NRT to optimally reduce the tension and pain in the muscles.
- Then, when appropriate, I send you home with self-care movement and stretching techniques to ensure your treatment outcomes are long lasting.
Upper or Lower Body NRT only- 1 hour- $85.00
NRT With Massage: You can have the best of both worlds! Let’s relax, soften and reduce the pain of your muscles. We’ll begin with NRT, and then apply soft tissue massage to really make you feel like butta.
What’s included in each and every massage:
Knowledge. I love being able to put on my thinking cap to assess why someone has their particular pain or injury and deciding how best to help them get over this problem. I am constantly adding more tools and skills to my arsenal to quickly and effectively provide pain relief for each of you.
Personal Guidance.I am your guide on this journey, and you’ll be comforted by the consistency of working with the same caring, knowledgeable practitioner every time you come in, instead of being bounced around to a different provider like you are in larger offices.
(And even better, there’s no need to wait for a doctor’s referral to be seen!)
Transformation. While I am intuitively good at what I do, it’s not just about the techniques I offer, but how I use my clinical reasoning skills to evaluate and come up with the appropriate treatments that actually helps you reach your goals.
Here’s how this works:
- You’ll start by calling me at (210) 705-0644 to schedule your appointment. Telephone scheduling allows you to tell me what your needs are so I can figure out if we’re a good fit.
- If we’re a good fit, we’ll schedule our first massage session during the call.
After our call, you’ll receive an email confirmation with a link to your health history forms to fill out prior to your massage session.
- Then, we’ll have our initial consultation and massage session, and your journey to pain freedom will begin! 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What will my first massage with you be like, Vikki?
During the initial session, we’ll run through your health history, and I’ll interview you to determine your needs. It’s important for me to understand if you’re here to treat a musculoskeletal condition or if this is a relaxation/wellness massage.
Then I’ll do your assessment, including the health history questions, observations, palpation (light touch on keys joints and structures) and orthopedic testing.
This assessment helps me design a session that will both help you with your musculoskeletal problem and enhance your current level of wellness.
After the session, I suggest post-treatment self care for a happier and healthier you!
Q: How personalized will my session be?
Q: Where is your office located, and where should I park?
My massage practice is located in a residential San Antonio neighborhood near the Alamo Quarry Market. Ample parking is available on the street or driveway. I ask that you arrive on time. If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled session, please wait in your car or on my covered porch until your session time. Please enjoy the xeriscaped landscape while you wait.
I’d love to work with you if:
- You’ve decided it’s finally time to care for yourself and your health, and you’re ready to commit the time to yourself and this process.
- You’re willing to work through a difficult workout to see results, so it’s nothing new to you when a more specialized session with me produces amazing results for your mobility AND reduces your pain.
- You want natural options for pain relief, but you want someone to back up the treatment approach with the research as well.
We won’t be a good fit if:
- You’re looking for a quick-fix or a pill that will take your pain away without investing in the process.
- You believe that only the deepest and heaviest amount of pressure means you’re getting a good massage.
You are not accustomed to ( or willing to potentially) experience some post massage soreness.
Ready to finally break out of the “good enough” mindset and find real pain relief?
I’ll be here, ready to partner with you in creating a life you’ll live and a body that loves you back.
Are you wondering what happens if you click that purple button right up there and schedule a massage with me?
I’m so glad you asked! We’ll hash out all the details of what you’re looking for over the phone first to make sure we’re a good fit, and then you’ll come in for your first session with me!
(To ensure mutual respect and trust, an initial interview by phone will be conducted with all prospective clients. I provide non-sexual, non-sensual massage therapy and bodywork.)